From the moment you submit your claim until the time it’s settled
We’re racing against the clock to beat our personal best: 1 hour 36 min for a cell phone claim! Settling your claim efficiently depends a lot on the quality of information you provide to us. So, please take a moment to read below and find out what we’ll need from you to process your claim fast!
Follow these easy steps and get your claim settled fast and efficiently!
- Notify us
Contact us, within 30 days of an event, on 0861 798 798 where one of our dedicated claims specialist will guide you through the process. Alternatively, you may complete the necessary claim forms and forward to us via fax on 011 475 3011 or e-mail to: email@example.com
Should you be involved in a motor vehicle accident and have the Emergency Assist Services as an addition on your policy towing needs to arranged by contacting the Emergency Assist line on: 0861 0861 56
- Notify the Police
Notify the Police, where applicable, and they will log the incident and give you a police reference (case number), which we’ll need to process your claim.
- Submit documents
The Insurer might need supporting documents together with your completed claim form in order to finilise the claim. To assist you please contact our office where one of our dedicated claims specialists will guide you through the process.
- Standard Documents needed are:
- Completed claim form
- Damage report (if applicable)
- A copy of your South African identity document
- A description of the incident / accident
- The police reference (case number) ( if applicable)
- A copy of your South African driver’s license, or a valid SADC license (in the case of a motor accident)
- Quotation for the loss, repair (if applicable)
5. Helpful tips
- Vehicle keys – whenever your vehicle has been stolen / written off, the Insurer will need the vehicle keys and the spare keys.
- Damaged items – please remember not to dispose any damaged items before you have notified us and supply us with a damage report which indicates the cause of the damage.
- Quote – please supply us with a quote for your loss / damaged items (only one)
- Motor accidents with another party of property – please obtain the following info:
- Other party name and contact details
- Other party ID number
- Other party vehicle registration & vehicle make
- Insurance details of the other party
- Take photos of the other parties vehicle license disk and damages to their vehicle
- Take as photos of the initial accident scene
- Correspondence from other parties – please contact us immediately and do not negotiate or promise the other party anything
- Stolen cell phones – please report it to the police and obtain an ITC number from your service provider
- Burglary claims – If your policy has a burglar alarm clause noted the insurer will need an activation report from the alarm service provider.